Monday, January 18, 2010

Mother of the Bride

Egads! My daughter is getting married May 31st. While I am ecstatic that after 3 kids she is FINALLY getting hitched I am dreading finding a dress to wear.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I just don't wear dresses. If fact my daughter can't remember me wearing any dr3ess other than my wedding dress, that was 11 years ago.

So how is a dress challenged woman supposed to pick out the perfect mother-of-the bride dress? If you are me, you post a plea for help on several internet message boards. Then you sit back and wait for the dress to come to you.

Somehow I don't think this is going to turn out well.

4 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

lol Well good luck finding one. I'm not a dress person either. I needed one for my SIL's wedding about 7 years ago, and lucked out in the department store, that one I loved just jumped out. And I've worn it to every "dressy" event since. =)

Angie C said...

Thanks, hopefully I'll find something before then :)

Anonymous said...

You don't have to wear a dress, get a nice pair of dress slacks and blouse, dress it up with some costume jewelry and cute little ballet flats {if you don't like heels} and you're good to go. :)

Wear what you're most comfortable wearing... dressy wise, lol.

Angie C said...

I finally went shopping and found one and my daughter loved it, said she wanted it after the wedding. I realized the day before that the material was too heavy and I was going to die in the heat. Luckily my mom had bought 4 dresses for some unknown reason. The one she wanted to wear was too small(I tell her every time to try stuff on) and I actually liked it so I wore it instead of the one I picked originally. Of course that meant I had to find a shoe store that wasn't closed to get shoes the night before..lol.

I guess I need to post some pictures an stories from the wedding.