Friday, June 21, 2013

Saving Grace

The past few days I've been doing a Saving Grace marathon.  If you've never watched it, get on Netflix and put in your queue right now.  The show is based around a cop, Grace Hanadarko played by Holly Hunter.  She's a drinker, promiscuous make her own rules kind of girl.  One day she meets Earl, played by Leon Rippy, who turns out to be her last chance Angel.

The series is the story of Grace who has lost her belief in God slowly finding her way back.

I normally don't talk about religion, everyone has their beliefs and I think that's the way it should be. Believe in what/who you want and respect how others choose to believe.  I don't go to church, but that doesn't mean I don't believe or that I don't pray, because I do, every day, sometimes more than once. And I've read the Bible cover to cover. I've also read the Book of Mormon and several other spiritual texts.

  I was talking to a friend and they asked me had I ever cried while I was praying and did I think it was a good thing or a bad thing.  Yes, I've cried while praying. I guess it just depends on why you are praying to begin with. Sometimes they are tears of joy, sometimes of sadness or forgiveness. Praying is a way of giving yourself, your soul over to a higher power and sometimes that can be overwhelming.

I honestly don't know where I'm going with this post. I guess it's kind of like my life, I never know where it's going either, I just hang on and hope for smooth sailing. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.  But I'll never give up, that would be too easy.


Honestly, did you think I could be totally serious?

No comments: