Friday, June 07, 2013

Everybody wants to

Every once and a while you just feel this urge, this anger, this need to just slap the stupid out of someone. Any one that really knows me can tell you that I never resort to violence, but that doesn't mean it doesn't cross my mind from time to time.

But I'm a lover, not a fighter. I want the people I love to be happy and feel safe.  Lately I see a lot of people put into conflicts they don't deserve to be in. Why people insist on being vindictive and petty with other people is beyond me.  I'm not saying I'm Mother Teresa...again I'm sure some of my friends can attest to the fact that when someone really upsets me, I do get mad... but I walk away from the conflict, end the relationship, whatever I need to do to calm myself down. Things either sort themselves out or they don't but I'm not going to let someone else dictate my feelings.

I have people in my life, people I see every day and people I've met and maintained friendships with on-line for years, who I have watched  be hurt and manipulated by other people for no other reason than because the manipulator was miserable and wanted my friends to be miserable too.  It's hard to watch but all I can do is be there when they need someone who cares and loves them to encourage them.  It hurts me to see them hurt and all I want to do is wash it all away.

I've always been the sounding board for people.  For as long as I can remember people have come to me when they need to talk, to work out the problems that are holding them down.  I think in a previous life I must have been a psychologist ... if I'd had the opportunity that's what I'd be doing today.

I know this post is kind of rambling but I'm in a rambling kind of mood right now.  It's been one of those days you want a hug and want to hug someone... but you didn't do either. 

I guess I should say something about my MS since that was going to be my main focus when I started the blog, hence the name MS and More. It just seems that the More effects me more than the MS...
I'm still on Copaxone and while I hate the daily shot it seems to be doing it's job.  I've been pretty much stable for a while.  I have a bad day every now and then but with my meds, trying to eat right, and not pushing myself I am pretty much keeping myself on an even keel.

Maybe it's time to change the name of the blog?


No comments: